Roots & Shoots South Africa

We are new members of the Roots and Shoots program of the Jane Goodall Institute in South Africa. Forres Preparatory School has started its own Roots and Shoots Club. This is being run by the children, in keeping with the excitement which Forres children already experience in learning to be good stewards of this earth. Forres Prep, overlooking Rondebosch Common, fosters a keen sense of the role we all play in supporting our Diversity and our Natural World.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

MY LIFE AS A PIECE OF WOOD By Daniel R-G

The sun rose in the hills, shining over Alabama State National Park, the world’s most famous State National Park, the nature conservation area. It was here that I was a pine tree among hundreds of thousands of others. Just another tree in this park didn’t make a difference to anyone except for the illegal loggers that slipped past the park rangers every day taking five or more trees every time.

Every single one of them got extremely rich after a period of 3 years. I was watching the mountain when it started getting taller and taller but then I realised that I was going down! I had been chopped down when I wasn’t looking and before I new it I was already on the truck heading out of the broken hole in the fence the loggers made. After that I went to sleep for about 2 hours and awoke being only a 100th of my original size I was quite small. They put me into a machine called the pencilizer 3000 which cut me up and turned me and the rest of my body parts into pencils. We were then put into individual boxes in which I couldn’t see inside. After a very long trip I was opened by a man and carried over to a table when I saw his name on his suitcase J.R.R Tolkien.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fabulous Links

  • http://kids.nationalgeographic.com/kids/places/find/south-africa/